The Sanskrit word for “beautiful”, Sundara is a pioneer of Bali’s buzzing restaurant and bar scene. Offering the perfect mix of five-stair flair and relaxed ambience, it attracts a sophisticated yet unpretentious crowd day and night – from couples and groups of friends, to families making the most of the gentle Bay and 3-mile beach.
With a stunning location at the foot of the Bukit (Uluwatu) and featuring the island’s longest beachfront pool (57 metres), locals and visitors alike flock to Sundara’s shores to linger and lounge all day long. There are endless ways to do so, all against the backdrop of the sparkling surf, the sound of waves lapping on the beach, glowing fire pits and regular live music:
• BBQ Sunset Dinner presenting bold, smoky flavours in slow-cooked and house-cured plates
• Seaside lunch from the nutritionist-guided menu
• Relaxed feast at Bali’s Longest Sunday Brunch
• Daily 2-for-1 Sundowners with handcrafted, slow-cooked cocktails that celebrate Bali’s ancestral arak traditions
• A day or sunset cruise across Jimbaran Bay on the Sundara boat, modelled on the traditional ‘jukung’ of the fishing village
• Linger and lounge all day by the pool with complimentary amenities like sunglass cleaning, misters, ice water, snacks and treats.
Recent accolades: World’s Best 50 Beach Bars 2019 (CNN Travel) and Bali’s Best Sunset Experience (NOW! Bali magazine).